Chart an extraordinary course
At United Aviate Academy, your dreams of becoming a pilot for United have never been more possible. Join our flight training academy, and be part of the next generation of highly qualified, talented and diverse United pilots.
Most direct path to Aviate
Dream of flying but don’t know where to start? United Aviate Academy will help you get your Private Pilot License and join the Aviate program in as little as two months. Once in the Aviate program, you'll complete training at the United Aviate Academy, build experience at our partners and be on track to Captain at United.
An exciting and financially rewarding career as a pilot awaits you, and it all starts by enrolling at United Aviate Academy
United expects to hire more than 10,000 pilots over the next decade. Now is the perfect opportunity to build your career and start your journey to becoming a United Captain. As a pilot for United Airlines, no two days will be the same as you:
- Travel the world and meet incredible people
- Fly the latest aircraft
- Earn a great living with an industry-leading compensation package
- Take advantage of the best travel privileges in the industry with access to hundreds of United destinations around the globe
- Have the ultimate window office
Get into Aviate in as little as 2 months by training at United Aviate Academy
Join United Aviate Academy and work toward your Private Pilot License (PPL). Once you receive your PPL, you’ll then have the opportunity to be selected into Aviate and be on your way to United.
Clearing skies for your success
We're working to make your dreams possible by removing barriers to entry.
Diversity at the forefront
Today, United has one of the most diverse pilot populations of any U.S. carrier with nearly 20% of our pilot group made up of women or people of color. We are working toward raising that number even higher by partnering with diversity-led organizations and continuing to remove gender and racial barriers. And we’re going one step further with plans for 50% of United Aviate Academy students to be women or people of color to ensure our students reflect the diversity of the customers and communities we serve.
Removing financial barriers
Together United and JPMorgan Chase are offering $2.4 million in financial aid to the best and brightest talent, opening the door to a lucrative career for people who previously didn’t have the opportunity to pursue one. United Aviate Academy is also offering two loan providers, ZuntaFi and Sallie Mae, to make loans available to cover expenses during your time at the academy. We're in the business of breaking down barriers and we want the pilot population — some of the highest paying jobs in the industry — to be open to a much more diverse pool of candidates.
United, through and through
From your first glimpse into life as a pilot, United Aviate Academy will provide you with a true United experience from the start.
While you're at United Aviate Academy
United Aviate Academy is a wholly owned subsidiary of United Airlines and a part of United’s Aviate program. This means you'll not only be trained to fly, but you will also:
- Receive career guidance and direction from United Aviate Ambassadors
- Get a United education from highly trained professionals
- Get trained at our state-of-the-art facility with access to industry-leading resources, equipment, accommodations and a wide variety of flight conditions
- Start experiencing United's culture and be on the inside track
- Become a part of a company that is committed to global citizenship by taking an active role in diversity, equity and inclusion, the environment and creating a more sustainable future
... and then in Aviate
You’ll be provided benefits and increased visibility and direction toward your career at United through:
- Growing pipeline of talent. United aims to hire up to 24% of the Aviate transition list each year at each participating United Express (UAX) carrier
- A simple, direct path. Aviate participants can transition to United as a First Officer upon successful completion of the Aviate program and hiring requirements
- Travel privileges. Aviate participants enjoy travel privileges to United destinations around the world
- Coaching. Aviate participants will have the opportunity to participate in a coaching program and receive mentorship from United pilots
- Culture. You'll gain deeper connections with our United team, with access to senior leadership, site visits and tours, and an inside look at our inclusive culture
... and at United
“Over the next decade, United will train 5,000 pilots who will be guaranteed a job with United after they complete the requirements of the Aviate program – and our plan is for half of them to be women or people of color.”
United Aviate Academy
Phoenix Goodyear Airport
1658 S. Litchfield Rd. #104
Goodyear, AZ 85338
We're currently not offering in-person tours, but you can take a virtual tour of the United Aviate Academy campus.
If you have questions on the Aviate program that are not academy-related, please use our main contact form.