Apply as a pilot at a United Express® Aviate® program partner
If you’re flying for one of our United Express Aviate partners, you are eligible to apply to the Aviate program. Acceptance into Aviate will secure your path to United.
Details and requirements
Step 2 Apply to Aviate
Are you a pilot with a UAX carrier start date on or between Jul 1, 2023 - Oct 31, 2023?
You are eligible to opt in to Aviate until Nov 30, 2023 and are not required to complete an interview.
Are you a Direct-Entry or Near-Entry Captain?
You are eligible to opt in to Aviate if you apply to UAX with 500+ hours of qualifying* flight experience.
*See FAR 121.436 for full definition
- Submit an application Apply now
Complete the selection process, which includes:
- A panel interview
- Personality and cultural fit inventory
- A technical skill interview
When you join Aviate, you’ll gain access to:
- A direct path. Aviate participants can transition to United as a First Officer upon successful completion of the Aviate program and hiring requirements
- Travel privileges. Aviate participants enjoy travel privileges to United destinations around the world
- Culture. You'll gain deeper connections with our United team, with access to senior leadership, site visits and tours, and an inside look at our inclusive culture
Step 3 Work towards transition requirements
Flying with our Aviate-participating United Express (UAX) carriers provides invaluable flying experience.
- Secure your path to a United First Officer position by completing 1,600 PIC (Pilot in Command) hours with an Aviate-participating UAX carrier
- For full details, see Chapter 5 of the APG
Step 4 Transition to United as a First Officer
Once you complete your minimum transition requirements with United Express, you will be eligible to transition to United as a First Officer.
You must also meet the following to be eligible for transition:
- Current passport with at least six-months of validity remaining at time of employment
- Legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Must be able to travel freely within the United States and without restriction to all countries United serves
- Meet all additional First Officer hiring requirements
You will be assigned a First Officer class date and start at United within four (4) months of meeting the PIC hours requirement.
Full details regarding Aviate eligibility and transition requirements can be found in the Aviate Program Guide (APG). For questions not covered in the APG, please provide your information and question in the space provided, and we’ll get back to you soon.