Apply as a pilot at a United Express® AviateSM program partner
If you’re already in the air with, or about to apply to, one of our United Express Aviate partners, it’s a great time to apply to the Aviate program. Acceptance to Aviate, after successfully completing the selection process, will shorten your time to United.
We’re looking for talented candidates who:
- Reflect our leadership qualities, including the ability to model character, think creatively, deliver results and foster teamwork
- Share our commitment to the principles of core4 service behaviors: Safe, Caring, Dependable and Efficient
- Demonstrate a passion for the industry and a lifelong dedication to excellence and achievement
Details and requirements
Fly with a United Express partner
If you fly for or are applying to one of our United Express Aviate partners, you are eligible to apply. Our partners include:
Complete your evaluation, which includes:
- A panel interview
- A technical skill interview
- Personality and cultural fit assessments
- Receive your conditional job offer with United What is a conditional job offer?
- Invitations to interview for a spot in the Aviate program will begin October 2019 and will continue on a rolling basis. Feel free to submit your application via AirlineApps at any time.
When you join Aviate, you’ll immediately gain access to:
- Travel privileges. Aviate participants enjoy travel privileges to hundreds of United destinations
- Coaching. Aviate participants are paired with United pilots, creating a structured format for critical leadership and career development
- Aviate pilot leadership program. Aviate participants are equipped to become future United Captains through leadership, business acumen and decision-making skills development
- Development events and programs. Aviate participants are provided a breadth of resources to learn and grow throughout Aviate
- United leadership interaction. Aviate participants are key to our future and have opportunities to meet senior leadership and United Captains
- Site tours. Aviate participants have opportunities to visit and tour our advanced and complex operational facilities
Begin or continue to fly with United Express
- Flying with our United Express Aviate partners provides invaluable flying experience
- Enjoy expedited time in service with Aviate, including minimum service requirements of 2,000 flight hours and 24 months with a United Express Aviate partner
- Candidates who are already flying with a United Express Aviate partner will be credited for months and hours already completed, but must still serve a minimum of six months with the partner
Transition to United as a First Officer
- Once you complete your minimum transition requirements with United Express, you will be eligible to transition to United as a First Officer
- When a First Officer position opens with United, and you’re at the top of the priority list, you’ll receive a job offer
- The sooner you apply to Aviate, the higher priority you’ll have — for a quicker transition from United Express to United
- Once you join United as a First Officer, begin your dream career toward the left seat in the cockpit as a United Captain
We’re here to address any questions you may have. Please provide your information and question in the space provided, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.